All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Crafting


I just completed this funky chicken pincushion for my sister for Christmas.  (Don't look, Renee!!)  The fabrics are from our family scrap bag, left over from clothing Renee and my mother had sewed for themselves, and the buttons are from my mother's button jar, hopefully making this a meaningful gift.


I wish I could take credit for the idea!  Instead, we first saw some of these pieced pincushions at the Stichin' Post quilt shop in Sisters, Oregon when we vacationed there this summer.

With the help of a quilting blog, I was able to figure out how to make one without too much trouble. 


I used a paper piecing template from one of my quilt books,


making sure I set the stitch length super short to make it easier to tear the paper away.



A felt beak, comb, and

tail complete the look!


After filling with rice, I simply whipped stitched the bottom shut.

Merry Christmas, Renee!  Hope this will always remind you of our fabulous trip to Sisters, OR ....

No comments:

Post a Comment