All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Liberated Baskets

photo credit: Jolene Klassen
 
I've been in awe of this quilt ever since discovering it on Jolene Klassen's  Blue Elephant Stitches quilt blog several months ago.  I found it so compelling; it almost has a museum-quality look to it.
 
Then, I discovered the book that it came from, Gwen Marsden's Liberated Quiltmaking II, at the AQS quilt show in March.  I ordered it off Amazon, and I began to think, "maybe I could actually make this quilt."
 
But, the more I studied the quilt, the more I realized that so much of the interest of the quilt wasn't just the quirky baskets, but the fabric selection.  How would I pull that off?
 
So, imagine my delight when Jolene said yes to my e-mail request to her, asking if she would consider putting a kit of fabrics together for me so I could make a quilt similar to hers. 
 
The package arrived today...
 

... from Canada!

 
In the envelope was a wonderful assortment of fabrics that I would have never thought to put together,
 
 
with Jolene's little notes taped to each set of fabrics.




 
I am thrilled!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment