All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

T-shirt Quilt


I just finished this T-shirt quilt for a customer - how fun!  Her daughter had a wonderful collection of T-shirts that were perfect for this type of project. 


I found this fun fabric for the backing; it tied all the colors together nicely.


I selected the yellow buttons to coordinate with the backing fabric, then stitched them on with the "button stitch" function of my new Bernina sewing machine (I'm still learning how to use it!).  On previous T-shirt quilts, I usually hand knotted the layers together, but this time I decided to try tacking the layers together with the button stitch.  It didn't necessarily save time, but I liked the fact that there were no knots of yarn or embroidery floss to detract from the design of the quilt.


Since I had plenty of T-shirts to work with and various logo sizes, I incorporated several different block layouts:






I was pleased with the final product and almost hated to part with it! 
Finished size:  78 1/2" x 78 1/2"
(Block size: 13 x 13")

No comments:

Post a Comment