This blog was also born out of a need to chronicle my journey back to health following a cancer diagnosis and subsequent treatment in April of 2007. I had been writing about my cancer journey on my CaringBridge site, but I came to the point where I needed to write about more than just the cancer; I needed a place to write about life in general - they very thing that would bring healing and wholeness back into my world. I kept feeling like working full-time was colliding with living out my core values:
- Worship God by caring for my body (getting enough rest, exercising, eating healthfully).
- Spend time with the Lord.
- Do the things I feel prompted to do.
- Exercise my gifts and abilities (sewing/creativity) as well as my spiritual gifts (prophecy & hospitality).
- Leave a legacy - time spent with family and friends as well as written legacies (this blog, hopefully a cookbook some day, a portfolio of my quilt projects, scrapbooks/photo albums, and written words of encouragement to others).