All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Monday, December 1, 2008

Laundry Room Makeover


I'm so pleased with how the wainscoting turned out in my laundry room! I wasn't sure just how high it should go. We chose to use the rule of thirds and ran it 64" high, which worked out perfect - 64" is 2/3 of the standard 8 foot (84") ceiling height as well as 1/3 of the cabinet height. I wish I had a before picture of the papered walls to show you - this is a huge improvement! I love wainscoting - the glossy finish is so much easier to care for than painted walls with a satin finish, and it certainly looks better than wallpaper. I also love the coral color - I wanted a fun burst of color, and knew it wouldn't be a big deal to paint over it if I tired of the color at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment