All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Thursday, September 29, 2011

New Look for Outdated Chandelier



I had been wanting to replace the outdated brass chandelier that hangs over my kitchen table for quite a while now, but hadn't been able to find anything that felt right.  I finally ordered a new fixture through a local lighting store (not cheap!), paid a contractor to have it hung, only to decide I didn't like it.  Ugh, UGH, UGH!!  It was the wrong style, and it just didn't distribute enough light over the table area.  I was sick.... What to do now?!  I couldn't justify the expense of another fixture, and besides that, I couldn't find any other styles I liked.  So, I ended up doing what I should have done in the FIRST place (why, oh why is the learning curve SO expensive??!!) - I bought some paint...


... and spray painted it.  I wasn't quite sure how to go about it, so I read this gal's blog for some tips first.


$8.00 plus some change later...



... I have a totally new chandelier.

I'm pleased, and it was a good lesson for me to remember that sometimes it's better to make do with what you have vs. shelling out money for something new.  I just hope someone out there is thrilled with the expensive light fixture they stumbled across for a deal at the Habitat for Humanity Restore (where I donated my all-wrong fixture)!

No comments:

Post a Comment