All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Show & Tell


Today was "Show & Tell" for the residents at Masonic Villages.  It was such a moving experience for me!  There was a wealth of experience, talent and art in the assembly room, all begging to be appreciated.  I especially appreciated this resident's handiwork; the pillow was stitched out of wool scraps left over from her rug braiding.


I love the way she embellished the wools with decorative embroidery stitches.  It inspired me to think of ways to use my fabric scraps that I have stashed away instead of always buying new fabric for quilting projects.

This dear lady did express the anguish that comes when your eyesight begins to deteriorate.  She can no longer do intricate needlework like this, but is determined to continue doing whatever creative endeavors her eyesight will allow. 

What a privilege to view such craftsmanship!


No comments:

Post a Comment