All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Watching and Waiting

I figured the drought had scared away any remaining rabbits, but a few days ago I looked out the window and saw a rabbit rolling on his back in the crunchy grass, just a like a dog!  Maybe these bunnies have hung out with the neighborhood dogs for so long that they are forgetting that they are rabbits??

Then yesterday morning, my nephew and I looked out the window and saw a baby bunny happily munching on some grass right off the patio.  So, that means I have at least two more rabbits to catch.  We spotted the baby bunny again in the evening, and watched his antics for quite a while as we ate supper on the patio.  We kept saying aloud, "Go to your trap" and "You like carrots more than you like Swiss chard", but to no avail....  My nephew was as committed to catching the rabbit as I was, so at least I know I'm not the only crazy rabbit hunter out there!  :) 

In the meantime, I'll keep putting out fresh carrots....

No comments:

Post a Comment