All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Country Living Christmas


I had my heart set on a real Christmas tree this year, but just couldn't justify the expense since I already have an artificial tree that will do.  Plus, even though I hate artificial anything, they are so much less hassle than a real tree, especially when you leave the lights on from year to year!  So, I thought maybe I could help disguise the tackiness of my artificial tree by setting the stand in this galvanized tub, just like a picture out of Country Living magazine!  However, it just didn't fit, and I couldn't figure out how to retrofit the tub or the tree stand without ruining either, and without a trip to the hardware store for supplies to rig up some kind contraption the would probably still result in the tree tipping over. 


So, I settled for tucking a few poinsettias in a galvanized bucket instead,


and swapped out the traditional burgundy brocade tree skirt I normally use with some fabric with more of a rustic feel.

I'm going to keep my eyes out for a larger galvanized tub for next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment