All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Monday, May 20, 2013

Milestones


It was such an honor to attend my nephew's graduation from med school last week.  Our family traveled to Creighton University in Omaha, NE to witness this milestone.  My father was so looking forward to the event, as he kept saying, "this is the first of my lineage to graduate from medical school."  Unfortunately, Dad passed away just five weeks prior and wasn't able to be present , but we sensed his presence as each of my siblings and I felt great pride in Sean's accomplishment.

I was comforted in knowing that our father was able to see and hear every detail of the day with perfect clarity....

 
 
 

 
It was also very meaningful to attend the hooding ceremony...


 

...and to hear the graduates take their Hippocratic oath.  I was really impressed with CU's holistic and humble approach to training their medical students, and I came away with renewed hope that maybe their is a future for the medical community after all!


 

We also had fun touring the Creighton University campus and spending time together as a family.


Thanks for giving us something to celebrate, Sean.  Your grandpa would be so very proud....

Congratulations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment