All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

T-Shirt Quilt Book

 
I just got this "How to Make a Too Cool T-shirt Quilt" book in the mail and am so pleased!  I am eager to try this author's method of constructing a T-shirt quilt.  I'd seen pictures of similar T-shirt quilts on Pinterest, but I couldn't figure how in the world you would put one together with all the crazy intersecting seams.  This book walks you through every step, even for someone without a lot of sewing experience.  Another thing that intrigues me - I've always read that you need to use fusible interfacing to stabilize your blocks, so that's what I've always done with the T-shirt quilts I've made, but this method allows you to skip that.  I'm all for that, as that is one of the most time-consuming parts of constructing a t-shirt quilt.
 
I'd be glad to hear what method you've used to make yours!
 

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of ordering this book. Would you recommend it? I'm very intrigued by her method.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's outstanding - it's 138 pages and packed with everything you would need to know. If you decide to order it, be sure to let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete