All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Today

 
 
I had the fun of machine quilting two of these foundation-pieced table runners for a friend!
 

Here's a close-up view of the machine stitching.
 
I simply stitched in the ditch around the blocks, outlined the foundation piecing, did a small stipple in the background, then a larger stipple in the borders.  I used Aurafil 50 weight 100 % cotton thread - it was the perfect choice since we didn't want the thread to overpower the little quilt.  (I use the 50 weight if I want the thread to blend in or the heavier 40 weight if I want the thread to make more of a statement.)  I'm really coming to love that thread for machine quilting on my Bernina as well as for piecing.
 

 
Here's another shot - couldn't resist taking some more pictures since it matched my front stoop so well.  It was the perfect quilt to work on at this time of year!
 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment