All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Friday, December 13, 2013

Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas to Me!

 
 
I was so excited to get these yummy threads in the mail today!  My mom always did my birthday and Christmas shopping for her and Dad, but after she passed away 10 years ago, my dad took up the mantel.  He faithfully sent me a $50 check for my birthday and then again at Christmas.  He always wrote "for fluff" on the memo  line of the check.  That endearing directive always gave me the freedom to purchase something special, maybe a little extravagant, but always something I wouldn't have justified on my own. I often purchased something creative, as my dad was a very handy, resourceful person.  I always looked forward to those special purchases....  
 
Now that my dad is gone, I decided to continue that tradition to keep his legacy warm and alive in my heart.  So, my "for fluff" purchases this year were the beautiful threads pictured above,
 
 
and these delicious Flower Sugar fabrics.  You can read more here about my purchases.
 
:)

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm Clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-store. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Clotee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Christmas blessings to you as well!

    ReplyDelete