All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Friday, December 13, 2013

Today's Thrift Shop Purchase

 
 
I don't know why I'm such a sucker for these vintage sewing/needlework supplies.  I don't even know how to tat!  I have no use for these little balls of tatting thread....  I don't need any more "stuff"!  But, these were so pretty....  So reminiscent of an era gone by.  I always wonder about the woman such supplies belonged to.  What were her hopes and dreams?  What suffering and heartbreak did she endure?  And what wounds did her needlework soothe for her?   I also wonder if was she sad that at the end of her needlework days, no family member was interested in her hanging on to her tatting supplies....
 
Maybe I feel the need to rescue such things because I don't want the same thing to happen to me?

 
Anyway, in the meantime, these pretty balls of thread look lovely congregating together in glass jars, and they always bring cheer to my heart when I glance at them in my quilt room.  That's certainly worth $1.00, wouldn't you agree?
 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment