All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day



Isn't this a lovely pitcher?  I picked it up at the thrift shop last month with visions of exactly this.



Love the detailing....







Lilacs remind me so much of my mother....  Her birthday was May 6th, and I would often pick a bouquet of lilacs from the enormous old bush that we had on the farm.in celebration of her birthday or Mother's Day.  She would have turned 85 this year.


My mother is gone - almost 11 years now.  That old lilac bush is gone too.  But, I love Mother's day, even though I no longer have a mother or grandmother who is still living, or have a mother-in-law, or children who can honor me.  But, I can honor and celebrate the day, the memories, and the mothering I enjoy doing to the children in my life.




Happy Mother's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment