All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Job Completed!


I just installed these curtains today; it feels good to finish up such a big project!  Actually, the sewing wasn't difficult, but since the window was so big, the cornice board was 96 1/2" long - practically the full length of my living room; it barely fits in a vehicle!  I was eager to get it out of my house so I could have my living room back.  The customer asked me to simply duplicate her existing window treatment in coordinating fabrics to match her new sofa and pillows since she was so happy with the design of the original cornice, swags and jabots.  The burgundy fabric is 100% silk, so I lined it with cotton interlining to give it a bit of body and a soft drape.

Here's the before picture:

It's tricky taking pictures of window treatments, especially in the winter; the sun reflects on the snow and makes it that much more difficult to get enough light inside without the flash washing out the color.  I always try to get a picture so I can refer back to it if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment