All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Seeded Flatbread


What a fun bread to bake!  One of my goals for this year is to bake all my breads from scratch.  That way I can eat 100% whole grains and save money at the same time.  I have so much to learn, but I think it's doable.  I was able to conquer Italian bread last summer.  Now, I want to move on to whole grains with the help of Peter Reinhart and some other cooking blogs.  Today I finally got around to baking this flatbread that I had mixed up earlier in the week.  It was such a cool experience!  The dough stretched into place so easily, it was almost as if it knew what it was supposed to do!





I stretched it out on a pizza peel (purchased in November in preparation for this year of bread baking!),


then slid it onto a preheated baking stone in the oven for 7 minutes.
Fun, fun, fun!
(My nephew recently asked me why I use the word fun so much!)
It was yummy on its own as well as with some hummus or dipping oil.
Next time I want to try making it a bit thicker, so I won't stretch it out as far.

Here's the link to the recipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment