All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Very First Cantaloupe Harvest - Ever!



You may think I may need to get a life....

I was SO excited to harvest my very first cantaloupe ever today.  How cool!  I kept watching it, waiting for it to ripen enough to pick, then all of a sudden it turned a beautiful creamy orange and shouted, "Hey, I'm ready!"  

As I've tried to make it a priority to eat only what I can grow this year, this cantaloupe suddenly seemed so valuable - a real treasure, especially since it was the only one on the vine, and the only vine I planted.  It seemed like it deserved a special celebration or ceremony to mark the occasion.  However, I couldn't think of any better way to honor the event than to eat it with great savor and appreciation, which I assure you I did!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment