All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Peach Crisp: Pure Summer Pleasure


This is a bit of a deviation on the healthy eating I typically pursue, but sometimes it's important to throw those pursuits out in window in place of pure summer enjoyment. This is my mom's recipe; I have fond memories of watching her slice peaches, of making it myself at home as a teenager, or enjoying it for dessert on a hot summer evening. Below is the original recipe, but to make it a bit healthier I only used half the topping, used whole wheat flour, and used my own butter made with raw cream from grass-fed cows. The peaches were from my neighbor; she had an abundance and was kind enough to share her bounty with me. I rarely eat peaches anymore since they're at the top of the dirty dozen list and because I'm more and more committed to eating only what I can grow, but on this occasion I was more than happy to make an exception! :)

Fresh Peach Crisp

Source:  Mother

3/4 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1/4 t. salt
1/2 c butter
2 lbs. peaches
1/4 t. cinnamon

Stir together flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter with pastry blender.  Peel, pit and thinly slice peaches.  Arrange sliced peaches in 8x8" baking dish; sprinkle flour mixture over peaches.  Dust with cinnamon.  Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment