All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Wedding Gown Redo


One of the benefits of sewing for other people is that is pushes me into tackling projects I would never have the courage to do otherwise.  This lovely petite bride wished to remake her mother's late 70's-era wedding dress.



I wasn't so sure how it would work out, plus I knew once I started cutting into the dress, there would be no turning back....




I dragged my feet in getting started, but I think it turned out beautifully!  It wasn't necessarily a cheap option for the bride since it was a little labor intensive (I had to take the bodice off and completely remake it, then lined the skirt), but it ended up being the perfect dress for her.

Best wishes on your married life, Stacey!

No comments:

Post a Comment