All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Battle Continues...

I am so frustrated with these rabbits!! The other morning I looked out to see THREE rabbits perched around my garden. Is there any hope?? It's just not practical to fence in my garden - it's not simple to implement, and I'm the one who ends up getting fenced out in the process. I guess I'm just stuck on the principle that it's my garden, and I shouldn't have to be the one who is inconvenienced by these obnoxious rabbits! They totally mutilated my sugar snap peas. My four broccoli plants have been reduced to two, so I did put a temporary wire cage around them until I can come up with another solution.
I think the other reason I am so disgusted is that my goal for this year was to grow as much of my own produce as possible and see if I could get by primarily on what I raise. These guys (and gals!) are messing with my plan! I may check into a Havahart trap - it's time for these critters (and all future generations of borough bunnies!!) to find another home!

No comments:

Post a Comment